TOPIC: Echoes in Ts2 & Ts3

Echoes in Ts2 & Ts3 8 years 7 months ago #5494

• F16_Petter
Some of us creates echoing sounds in teamspeak while someone else is pushing transmit button. Some of us makes no echoeing at all.. some creates heavy interference.. It would be nice to know what creates this so I am willing to do some research.

Example:
Player one sends and talks about something.
Player two also sends simultaneous but does not say anything.
Player three, four, five or as many as there are players in channel listens.

When this problem occurs, what happens is that the settings from player two will echo player one´s transmission to all other but player two. = extremely annoying!

The problem could described as a similar problem if player two were on external speakers and relaying back the sound into his mic.

I will dig into this by checking other forums and support over at teamspeak.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

8 years 7 months ago #5495

• F16_Petter
Okay.. here is some more "meat on the bone"
:D
My mates tell me I produce echos. How to fix?
There basicly are two ways echos can occur:
Sound from your speakers/headphones being recorded by your microphone.
Your sound driver recording all sound that you hear for you.
Now, 'which one do I have' you might be asking yourself... You can find out quite easily: Just turn your speakers/headsets off (volume = 0%), and ask your mates if you are still echoing. If you are not, you got (a); if you are still echoing you have (b).

Fixing (a):

This type of echo is nearly impossible to fix completely, but you can minimize it greatly if you follow a few general points:
Switch your speakers off when TeamSpeak is on, use a headset to hear.
Use headphones that shield well, meaning they prevent as much sound as possible from being audible to the outside.
Try and keep your microphone as far away as possible from the headset (or more general, the sound-source).
Lower the volume of the sound-source.
Fixing (b):

These echos are produced by your sound-drivers, they should be configurable by your driver too (its not a bug, its a feature). From windows users we have often heard you can select from which devices to record in the mixer (a mixer is the place where you can slide all these volume controls). Make sure the microphone is the only entry that is being recorded from. How exactly this is called, and where exactly you can find it depends on your driver/OS combination, you just have to search around. Good luck

Its without any doubt option B here...
None of us uses speakers.. so..
Some creative soundcards users has a few options more than others.. would be nice if you guys could show what your sound mixers looked like.
:)

I remember that some mixers had a "what u hear" option in the recording control.
This was so that you could for example connect a tape player or cd player via a 3.5mm connector to the mic connector and get the sound there as background music when using computer.

This "what u hear" must be at lowest possible setting and deactivated.

to use the creative option "What you hear" or similare (Realtek has this feature named as "Stereo Mix" and various other sound cards devices have it named various other things as well)
to use the creative option "What you hear" or similare (Realtek has this feature named as "Stereo Mix" and various other sound cards devices have it named various other things as well)

Note:
This is a Creative option "What you hear" or similare (Realtek has this feature named as "Stereo Mix" and various other sound cards devices have it named various other things as well)

8 years 7 months ago #5496

• F16_Petter
Some more info.. mostly repetition but worth reading for all of us!

Always use a quality microphone and preferably a headset when using TeamSpeak.During the initial installation and setup ask other members about the quality of your audio.

Adjust you microphone volume to be consistent with everyone else using the server.

Microphone volume to the server is a windows audio setting, NOT a TeamSpeak setting. The output volume on the TeamSpeak sound settings panel is used to adjust how loud you hear others.

You should adjust it so it is balances with the game volume.

Echo in the channel can be caused by several problems.

The most common is using speakers and a microphone at the same time.

The game sound is picked up by the microphone and sent out on TeamSpeak creating an echo effect.

The most effective way to use TeamSpeak is with a headset that has a microphone.

Turn your speakers down and use the headset/microphone.

Another cause of echo is caused by some sound cards that have an advanced feature know as what you hear.

This feature allows you to send any sound that would normally come out the speakers to be redirected to a recording device.

If the volume on the what you hear setting is enabled, the game sounds are redirected back to the sound card; hence everyone hears your audio and an echo effect is created. This is NOT a TeamSpeak setting.

It is a windows sound setting and is usually specific to your sound card.

8 years 7 months ago #5497

• F16_Petter
Oh klunk here is the info about that other problem caused by ground (jordfel) in chassis.

It is most notably tested by placing a hand on the backside of chassis.. and the the humming dissapears. I used to have this but I think with a new PSU it dissapeared. not sure..

I do know that if I use my USB headset I get these ground loops = lot worse sound quality or rather recording quality.

scannerbuff.net/teamspeak/findloop.pdf

This is a very interesting thread Klunk..
Especially the two last pages.
forums.logitech.com/t5/Internet-Headsets...ighlight/true/page/3

Its related to ground.. do you have a grounded or non-grounded holes in tha wall? :D

However, this is NOT as annoying compared to the "echo" problem..

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds