Dear pilots, today is a real milestone for the project - we just released the 2.012 update, one of the biggest ones ever. We already told you in Dev Blogs what it will bring, but here's the quick overview.
- New Hs 129 B-2 Collector Plane with many unique features and very varied weaponry.
- Kuban map available in three seasons (Spring, Summer and Autumn). 120 thousands of square kilometers large (400 x 300 km), the biggest map in the new generation of IL-2 to date. Please note that the work on improving the AI is underway and it is not very proficient in mountain flying, we will work on it this Autumn. The map is huge, so we'll be fixing the issues that may be found in Early Access.
- Updated FM for all aircraft. The total list of FM changes is very long, you can check it out below.
- Together with the Kuban map, we're releasing many AI controlled ships: G-5, G-5 project 213 and S-38 torpedo boats, Type A landing barge, Type –© (Shch) series X and Type IIB submarines, Soviet Type 7 destroyer.
- Completely new shadow tech that allowed us to increase the shadows resolution in the cockpit, render outside shadows several times further, show the own plane shadow on the ground and make tree shadows more realistic.
- Henschel Hs 129 B-2 Collectors Plane is added to the project and all Battle of Kuban owners can fly it now;
- All three seasons of the Kuban map (Spring, Summer and Autumn) are added to the project and any owner of the sim can fly over them in multiplayer while Battle of Kuban owners can access them in any game mode;
- The new shadows technology CSM was added to the game;
- The new shadow quality option in the game graphics settings governs the shadows resolution, their visibility distance and which objects can cast shadows;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, shadows in the cockpit became sharper at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, all the cockpit objects cast shadows instead of just the canopy elements;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, the aircraft shadow on the ground is visible from inside the cockpit at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, object shadows are visible at twice distance as before at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, trees now cast correct shadows on all objects;
- The aerodynamics modeling of the aircraft tail became more detailed, resulting in MANY improvements and changes (the full list is available here¬†under "spoiler"):
- Armored glass improved visually on all aircraft;
- The effect of the wind on the bullets and other projectiles flight trajectory was corrected;
- Ju 87 D-3 official skins were updated by the community enthusiast I./ZG1_Panzerbar (more details added);
- Bf 109 F-4 official skins were updated by the community enthusiast III/JG2_Gustav05 (more details added);
- Fw 190 A-5 main (default) camo was updated by the community enthusiast I./ZG1_Panzerbar;
- Morning and evening fog was improved visually;
- 'Blazing Steppe' campaign is now officially available in Spanish language thanks to the community enthusiast E69_Cananas who made the translation;
- The Russian localization of the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign was corrected thanks to the community enthusiast MicroShket who proofread the text;
- The AI gunners accuracy of the secondary German bomber groups in the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign increased significantly;
- Formation flying of the most aircraft ¬†in the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign improved significantly;
- Difficulty level of the 7th and 14th 'Blazing Steppe' campaign missions decreased somewhat;
- Subtitle displaying and Ju 88s dropping bombs was corrected in the 15th mission of the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign.
- Soviet torpedo boat G-5. It's low weight of 17 tons and two aircraft engines allow it to go as fast as 100 km/h (55 knots). It is armed with two 12.7 mm DShK machine guns and two 53-38 torpedoes.
- Soviet rocket boat G-5 project 213. On this model, torpedoes were replaced by MRLS that fired 24 M-8M 82 mm rockets.
- German torpedo boat Schnellboot S-38. Weighing up to 100 tons and going up to 50 knots fast, it was armed with two 20 mm MGC 30 and Flak 30 guns and two torpedo tubes with up to six 533 mmm G7a torpedoes (one in each tube and four on the deck).
- German landing barge Marinef√§hrprahm Typ A (240 tons weight, armed with 88 mm SKC 35 gun and 20 mm MGC 30 gun.
- Soviet submarine Shch-10 (type Shchuka, 'Shchuka' meaning pike). Surface displacement 578 tons, armed with two 45 mm 21-K guns, 4 bow and 2 stern torpedo tubes with 10 533 mm torpedoes.
- Small German submarine U-Boot-Klasse IIB. Surface displacement 279 tons, armed with 20 mm MGC 30 gun, 3 torpedo tubes with 5 533 torpedoes total.
- ¬†Soviet Type 7 destroyer ¬†(1600 tons, up to 38.5 knots speed). Armament: 4 130 mm B-13-I guns, 2 76 mm 34-K guns, 2 45 mm 21-–ö guns, 2 twin 12.7 mm Colt machine guns, 2 12.7 mm DShK machine guns, 2 triple 533 mm torpedo launchers 39-Yu.